Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Olivia: Happy Election Day!

Maybe I'm just that excited about this year's election, but it's 4am, and I can't seem to fall back asleep after Mocha got mad at Latte for stirring in his sleep...

Anyway, I just wanted to proudly say I was 1 of many, MANY (as seen on the photo of Steven walking to the back of the long long line) early voters this year. I even got a round of applause when I was in the booth! Why? Because I was a first time voter! This was the first year I could vote because I got my US Citizenship in 2004, and I had JUST turned 18, so sadly, I was just a little too late. But I'm so happy this of all years is my first. This election, as many can and have already mentioned, is such a live changing election. Not just because we can very possibly have our first African American (only 1/2 I know, but it's a start), but because of what 1 person, either John McCain or Barack Obama, could do to help or harm our educational system, our down-spiraling economy, and the World View of the US! I really don't want to preach to you about why so many things need to be changed, so I'm just gonna plainly say this: GO VOTE. I know, I know, the line'll probably be long, probably longer then the 1 I had to stand in last Thursday, but GO VOTE. Not cause you have to, because you CAN. And afterwards, go get yourself a Free doughnut from Krispy Kreme (if you got an I Voted Sticker, which sadly, they didn't give me 1), a Free scope of ice cream from Ben and Jerrys', and a Free cup of coffee from Starbucks! Cause Free stuff, that's the American Way, right?? =) just kidding...

No comments: