Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smiling's my favorite!

How's it going?  So since there are 8 days until Christmas left I figured this would be the best time to write a blog.  Last night me and Olivia got in the Christmas spirit by going to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's The Stories of Christmas.  I surprised her with it; she had no idea.  It was really good!  They did about the best retelling of the Night Before Christmas I've ever heard.  And there was even a sing along!  Which Olivia enjoyed cause she got to sing loud for all to hear.  Anyways, off Christmas for a sec.  I've been slightly bored at work so in the last week I read both the Great Gatsby and The Catcher in the Rye.  Both really good books actually.  I was supposed to read them in high school or what not but whenever someone tells you read something it doesn't make it so good.  And I never really read them in highschool anyways, so this was my first time.  I really like the Jay Gatsby character, but I liked Catcher in the Rye as a book better.  And after reading these two I came up with a book of my own that will combine these stories in a way.  I'm excited about it and really want to start working on it, but Olivia says I can't start on a second book until I get my first one published.  So it might be awhile till I start writing this new one.  In the meantime though, I sent a short story off to the New Yorker and another one off to Playboy.  Well, I haven't sent the one off to Playboy yet but I'm hoping to do it today.  And I know what you're thinking: Playboy?  It must be a sexy story.  Well it's not.  If you actually read the articles in Playboy, you'll see that each issue has a short story in it that doesn't have to do with girls being naked.  I've never actually read any of the short stories, but that's what I hear.  Well enough about that subject.  Can you tell me who has the best record in the NFL?  Yep, that's right, the Titans.  Now, can you tell me which team two websites rank as the best in the NFL?  Obviously it's the... Steelers.  Wait.  What now?  Does that confuse anyone else?  They play each other this weekend, so we'll see who really is the better team.  I got my money on the boys from Tennessee.  Oh and Liverpool play Arsenal on Sunday!  I don't even have to say who's going to win that game.  Well, I'm kinda blogged out I guess.  There's probably more stuff going on in my life than that, at least I hope so.  But I'll write again soon.  So just keep on trucking till then.

No comments: