Saturday, December 6, 2008

Olivia: Sharing



Hello Diary!

Sorry I haven't written in a while... I've been busy, and from the looks of my calendar, December is gonna be a BUSY, but VERY VERY EXCITING month! We're getting ready for Steven's office Christmas "Holiday" party right now, this morning I had tons of fun meeting some Dallas local musician for my new job/project... all very exciting stuff! But the most exciting is.... *Drum roll*

WE'RE GOING TO LA FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

Some of you might b
e thinking... "What? Why are you going to that DUMP (yes Kirby, I'm talking to you) for Christmas???" well.... I've never ever been there, and having a film degree and all, and for the sake of Steven's future as an AMAZING FILMMAKER, I feel that it's appropriate that I consider the possibility of moving there, and it is MORE appropriate that I should visit before I consider a move... and what would be better then Christmas with your favorite Disney princess?? (Belle... and Jasmine)

ANYWAY... this blog is not about that... I wanted to share something... I'm very musically inspired today after meeting these amazing artists, and would like to take the next step for MY own music... so I've decided to share an aspect of my music that I'm MOST self conscious about because I think I'm terrible at it... my LYRICS
... excited? hope so... here's 2 piece that's been written for a while... it was actually in this movie Steven made for class, Starring Mr. Jordan Bolch and me... "Without You" it's a cute little musical... you should watch it sometime... Anyway, these 2 songs are probably some of my most original lyric... with some help from Steven of course, he is a writer after all... but I'd like to ask you what you think about them! And even if nobody read em, I feel like I've made a step towards getting out there... sooo here they go =) enjoy!

3 Days, Orignal Music by Olivia N. Yiu, Lyrics by Steven Kittinger and Olivia N. Yiu
V1:
It's been 3 days since i met you,
And something's really strange.
We talked on-the-phone all night
Till we saw the morning light.

I wish you were here with me
When I’ m alone at night
I want to see you again
But I must be patient then

And I know,
Yes I know,
I'm in love with you.

V2:
(it's only been) 3 days since I've seen you,
And nothing's really changed.
It hasn't gotten any colder,
and I don't think it has rained.

But when I'm not around you,
Something's not the same.
My smile hasn't been used,
And a few tears down my face.

And I know,
Yes I know,
I'm in love with you.

Bridge:
I need you back tonight,
to hold me close and tight,
You make me feel all safe and warm,
when you squeeze me just right.

we see each other again we will know it's true.
we love one another like the stars and the moon...

V3:
It’s been 3 days since I've loved you,
And everything has changed.
My fears and my doubts,
Have suddenly flown away.

When I go to sleep tonight
I’ll close my eyes up tight
Dreaming of that magical place
Where I can see your face

Stage Fright: Orignal Music by Olivia N. Yiu, Lyrics by Steven Kittinger and Olivia N. Yiu
Am7 G Am7
The Music started in my head
Dm Am7
I can feel it in my voice
G F
I can hear it in my ears
G Am7
It sounds nothing like my choice


G Am7
While the music started playing
Dm Am7
And my lips started trembling
G F
Feels like nothing’s going right
G C
And everything is going wrong

can’t sing with those eyes upon me (X3)

Looking out to all those eyes
Staring blankly in my mind
I’m no longer playing a part
Singing a song I made with heart

Background music way too softly
On the stage I feel lonely
Close my eyes, I still shiver
As the audience listen…

can’t sing with those eyes upon me (X3)


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
... Now I'm nervous...



1 comment:

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Don't be nervous!! Your songs are awesome!!!

I will try not to let myself go on another "LA is a dump rant....". I hope you two have fun! I will be in town tomorrow. FOLLOW MY BLOG! Love you!